Relaxin'

Forgot to mention that I'm out of town this weekend and won't be posting until Tuesday. But since I'm posting this late reminder I'll point out an interesting tidbit I saw in the Tribeca Trib:
The first 10 floors of the [7 World Trade Center] tower are occupied primarily by a Con Ed substation. The windowless base of the building will be clad in a shimmering steel.
Since an image does not accompany the online article, you'll have to take my word that the base's facade resembles the same firm's proposal for Freedom Tower. Looks like Silverstein and Childs envision a lower Manhattan full of office buildings on mammoth, solid bases. Quite a streetscape, indeed.

Comments

  1. I think that the idea of a new huge skyscraper is great I hpe they build the Fordham Spire.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.