Oculus Book Talk

On Monday, July 9th at 6pm I'll be speaking about my Guide to Contemporary New York City Architecture (W.W. Norton, 2011) at the Center for Architecture as part of the AIANY Oculus Book Talks. The event is free for AIA members and students, and only 10 bucks for non-members; RSVP via this link. Books will be for sale at the event.

nycguide-cover.jpg

I'm flattered to be in such good company with the rest of the Book Talks this year:
Jan 9: Grahame Shane, Urban Design Since 1945
Feb 9: Charles Bloszies, Old Buildings, New Designs
Mar 12: Guy Gugliotta, Freedom's Cap
Apr 4: Alexandra Lange, Writing About Architecture
Apr 30: Kenneth Frampton, Five North American Architects
Jun 11: Diana Balmori and Joel Sanders, Groundwork
Aug 13: Joshua David, High Line
Sep 10: Ron Shiffman, et. al., Beyond Zuccotti Park
Oct 15: David Adjaye, African Metropolitan Architecture

Comments

  1. Mr. Hill,

    I've been a fan of Archidose since my first year studio professor introduced it to me.

    I must say that I have really enjoyed your book! I just got back from a week-long trip to NYC to celebrate finishing my undergraduate program in Architecture. The book helped me plan what buildings I wanted to see, and even helped me when I was lost! My blog talks about my trip. The book was definitely worth the investment for this trip, and future trips to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ulysses V. I'm glad the book came in handy. I'll admit I made the maps to be used for more than just locating the buildings; sounds like that worked. Best of luck with your grad school search.

      Blog post, for those interested: http://underdogarchstudents.blogspot.ca/2012/07/architectural-empire-state-of-mind-part.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.