Culture in Progress

Remember this project?

Missing image - galicia1.jpg

Yep, the City of Culture of Galicia in Santiago de Compostela, Spain by Peter Eisenman.

Missing image - galicia2.jpg

Well, it looks like it's under construction.

Missing image - galicia3.jpg

After the lukewarm reception of his Holocaust Memorial in Berlin, this huge landform just may be the architect's legacy. Or it may end up like the Wexner Center (undergoing a $15 million renovation only 15 years after completion) or the Columbus Convention Center (ugly). My bet's riding on the legacy.

Images found at arqa.com, via Archinect.

Comments

  1. I think it can be great... I hope to see it finished soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly: great blog!, I have set it as my homepage. Daily updates, excellent.

    And: Do you know of anywhere that has larger images of this project.

    Cheers. JJ (Australian supporter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know where one can find larger images. I'll keep my eyes open, though, and post some info as I find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Eisenman is really going for it here. I have never been too impressed with his work, having the opportunity to see in person a few of his buildings. MAybe this time he has learned from his past mistakes, but somehow I think he has not. My bet is that this will be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It should be done in 2012, look beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.