Monograph of the Moment

The first monograph on the work of architect/builder/educator extraordinaire Dan Rockhill has finally been published by Tuns Press. Design & Building features "ten design-build and seven preservation projects from the firm's work, and seven low cost houses designed and built by students from the Studio 804 course taught by Dan Rockhill at the University of Kansas."

Missing image - rockhill.jpg

Although I went to school down I-70 at arch-rival Kansas State University, I was fond of Rockhill's houses, and I was able to visit a couple back then. They were an unexpected pleasure in a place as conservative as Kansas. I've written about Rockhill previously on my weekly page and for TENbyTEN.

Comments

  1. Thanks for introducing me to this.
    Reminds me quite a lot of Glenn Murcutt, a hero of mine ever since I visited some of his buildings down under, back of beyond, over a decade ago.
    I now have a reason to visit Kansas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.