Clippings

Some articles, blog posts, essays, and other stuff that I've noticed recently:
Visions for New York City
StreetsBlog gives a sneak preview of the "Garvin Report", a sweeping, new urban planning vision for New York City.

Close Encounters with Buildings
A PDF version of an article in Urban Design International by Danish architect Jan Gehl. Found at Rebuilding Place.

Make Magazine and A+U's Wooden Architecture
Dan Hill at City of Sound looks at two magazines on the newsstands now.

Green Building 101
A summer series at Inhabitat, covering everything from siting to lighting.

100-Word Manifesto
Metamechanic says, "give me your best architectural manifesto in 100 words I will send you a Benjamin, I'm serious."

Toshiko Mori Interview
Javier Arbona interviews the New York-based architect for Etorno 03.

The 2006 PGA Championship
If I weren't packing this weekend, I'd probably make it to both the Air & Water Show and the PGA Championship at Medinah. Since I was last at Medinah for the US Senior Open many moons ago, Rees Jones has remodeled the course into something supposedly entirely different...hopefully for the better. Click the link above for a hole-by-hole tour.

Comments