Weekly Aerials

I apologize for the three-day drought in posts on this page, though I assure you it was for good reason. After months of procrastinating, I finally got around to creating Google Earth links for (a lot of) my weekly doses.

For your globe-surfing pleasure, I've created one .kmz file with locations for (as of today) 142 of the buildings featured on my weekly page. The link to this file will be located in this page's right sidebar (under My Links) and will be updated as new pages are added; the date of the last update will be indicated. For each location in Google Earth, a thumbnail image and link to the dose are included.

Here's an example of what you'll see:

Missing image - GEaerials1.jpg

The next step will be to incorporate individual Google Earth links into each featured weekly page, as well as appropriate Archi-Tourist pages. If you can help with any of the missing buildings, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Comments

  1. Spectacular.
    Thank you for the effort.

    Kevin S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. It was fun "flying" around the world trying to find these places. Too bad buildings like the Chapel of Santa Maria degli Angeli aren't yet hi-res. That would definitey be a cool one to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing...Thanks so much...It must have taken awful lot of your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a simple and great idea, I've put up the odd kmz file before but I think following your example I'll include one where I can for every building I talk about in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I just spent the past hour of my life surfing the planet. I like how your icon is a little Rx.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see the prescription icon is noticeable. It's also become my favicon (that little icon next to the address in the broswer window) for my weekly page. I figured I can't dance around the name of these pages forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice addition to your site.

    Now can Google Earth help find your shoes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.