Publishers page. I also have a reading list of 100 must-know architecture books and a list of bookstores in NYC that sell architecture books.
First posted May 29, 2020
First posted May 29, 2020
Updated November 23, 2021
- ArchDaily: The architecture books section.
- Architecture Book Fair: A virtual book fair dedicated to architecture, developed by dpr-barcelona as part of the Future Architecture platform; taking place October 5–9, 2021.
- arch-ive: New website (ca. 2019) that "investigates the books that have been influential to leading practitioners."
- Design Book Review: From 1983 to 2001, DBR printed in-depth reviews architecture and design books. Link is to archive splash page at CCA, but PDFs of all issues are found at HathiTrust.
- Designers & Books: Website devoted to books on architecture and design, featuring many lists contributed by architects, graphic designers, and other designers.
- L'Esprit Nouveau: A complete archive of all 28 issues of the magazine co-founded by Le Corbusier and printed from 1920 to 1925.
- Iconic Reads: A "round-up of the best books you can buy about the houses and house museums that make up [the Iconic Houses] network of icons you can visit."
- JAE: Book review section of the Journal of Architectural Education.
- Metropolis: The magazine's archive of book reviews, book excerpts, and seasonal roundups of new books.
- Monoskop: "A collection of source documents in the history, theory and criticism of 20th-century architecture."
- New Books in Architecture: Podcast featuring interviews with authors about new books on architecture and design; part of the New Books Network.
- Night White Skies: A podcast by Sean Lally that features conversations with architects and other personalities, with many episodes discussing a new book written by the guest.
- Review Architecture: Occasional reviews of architecture books, particularly books on theory. Edited by Ayax Abreu Garcia, architect at UNStudio.
- Sonntag Review: A blog with "book reviews for the architecture enthusiasts," most of them monographs and all with lots of photographs inside the books.
- USModernist Library: "World's largest open digital collection of major US 20th-century architecture magazines with approximately 2.8 million downloadable pages - all free to access."
- Wikipedia: The "architecture books" category.
- AIA Store: A selection of architecture books at the online store run by the American Institute of Architects.
- Arcana: A shop in Culver City, California, "specializing in new, rare, and out of print books, catalogues, and ephemera" on art, architecture, design, and other subjects.
- ARTBOOK | D.A.P.: Architecture categories of the New York-based distributor of art, Architecture, design, and other illustrated books.
- bookm-ark.fi: Bookstore in Helsinki specializing in "pre-owned architecture books and books about Finnish and Nordic architecture – both contemporary and historical."
- Copyright Bookshop: Architecture category of the art and architecture bookshop based in Belgium.
- High Valley Books: Architecture section of the online, Brooklyn-based bookseller "specializing in design books and periodicals."
- Idea Books: Architecture and landscape category of the Amsterdam-based international distributor of books on contemporary architecture and other subjects.
- Modernism101.com: The architecture section of the website that "specializes in rare and out-of-print design books and periodicals."
- NAi Booksellers: An "independently operating retailer of quality books on architecture, urban design and landscape architecture" housed at the Netherlands Architecture Institute in Rotterdam.
- Perimeter Books: "A specialised bookstore, award-winning publisher, distribution house and platform for various art publishing endeavours in Melbourne, Australia." (Link points to section on architecture books.)
- Peter Miller Books: Bookstore in Seattle "covering architecture, graphics, landscape, urban design, interior design, and history."
- RIBA Books: An "unrivaled range of the best architecture, design and construction books from around the world," as picked by the Royal Institute of British Architects.
- Steven Schuyler Bookseller: Specializes in "rare architecture books & rare building trades books for designers, builders, and preservationists."
- Trevian Books: Architecture section of the online bookstore run by Geoff Baere.
- Uro Publications: "Vendors and publishers of books on architecture and design" based in Melbourne.
- William Stout Architecture Books: Bookstore in San Francisco specialized in books on "architecture, art, urban planning, graphic and industrial design, furniture and interior design, and landscape architecture."