The State of the Art in (Chicago) Architecture

Over at World-Architects, I put together a list of 15 buildings built in Chicago in the last 15 years. The piece was spurred by the Chicago Architecture Biennial and its theme of The State of the Art in Architecture, as well as a book I'm writing on contemporary architecture in Chicago (more on that at a later date). So head over to World-Architects to see the buildings that sum up The State of the Art in (Chicago) Architecture.


[Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) - El Centro, JGMA]

Comments

  1. Wow! This building is stunning! I wonder what the rhetorical meaning behind this building? Having studied architecture, every time I look at a building now, I always wonder why an architect designed a building a certain way-- for example, what is the purpose of this shape and building other than aesthetics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This building is incredible, and even better to see up close. Green architecture all the WAY!!! Have a release date for you book? I LOVE the architecture of this city we live in!

    Jasmine V | Belgravia Group

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.