Architecture of Density

Michael Wolf's Architecture of Density is on display at Robert Koch Gallery in San Francisco until April 6.

His large-scale color photographs illustrate the unbelievable density of Hong Kong's residential high-rises. Like something out of a Sci-Fi movie, the images tend to eliminate the greater context and focus on the sheer repetition of floors, windows, air conditioners, laundry, etc. Amazing stuff.

Missing image - wolf1.jpg

Missing image - wolf2.jpg

The bottom image reminds me of one of my favorite oddities from the past, Kowloon Walled City.

(via Space and Culture)

Comments

  1. So I'm not the only one who thought Kowloon.

    The top image looks like a composite, but after viewing the site it seems to be... real? Wow, scary. Many of these resemble something out of Bladerunner or Fifth Element. Welcome to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Thanks for bringing Wolf to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [Moved by web page administrator from original HaloScan comment box]:Thanks for the link. I enjoy your site.

    I added you to my links.

    I am need of redoing my site as it is over 2 years old and the blog spam is an annoyance.

    Do you work for yourself?

    Cheers,
    William

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for spam.